The Skokie Historical Society is a resident of the Skokie Heritage Museum located at 8031 Floral Avenue. The Heritage Museum and Historic Log Cabin is maintained and staffed by the Skokie Park District. The Skokie Historical Society have the rights to the artifacts as well as maintains and preserves the artifacts.
The Historic Engine House is a beautifully restored building which consists of two floors. The first floor has a reference library for public use and a permanent Fire Department exhibit space. The Fire Department exhibits includes a reconstructed 1800s Ladder Truck, a newly refurbished 1860s Rumsley Hand Pumper, 1800s Hose Cart, 1920s Chemical Tank, an original 1880s dress hat, numerous nozzles, and much more. The second floor is an open space appropriate for school group programs, private rentals, meetings, and traveling exhibits.
Skokie Park District staff conduct programs recreating the nineteenth century life of Niles Center, Skokie's former name. For further details on these programs, please see the Skokie Park District seasonal brochures. A fee is charged for all programs. To register for these programs, or for questions on room rental, please call the Skokie Heritage Museum at 847.674.1500 x 3000.
"Images of America: Skokie" published by Arcadia Publishing Inc. will be available for purchase after June 17, 2010 at the Skokie Heritage Museum located at 8031 Floral Avenue during regular Museum hours as well as all other Skokie Park District facilities. "Images of America: Skokie" can also be ordered by mail. See the Book Order Form for shipping information.
The Skokie Historical Society is currently fundraising by selling Personally Engraved Bricks that are being placed in the brick walkway in front of the Skokie Heritage Museum.    See the Brick Order Form for more details.